- About Database (Suffolk Biographical Index)
- Search Suffolk Biographical Index Database
- Credits & Thanks...
Suffolk County Historical Society - Biographical Index File
This database was created from the Society's index card file of biographical information. It includes references to births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, cemetery information, and a few other types of records.
The books referenced by this database do not have indexes in them and can be somewhat difficult to research.
So any researcher who wants a record from this collection needs to contact the Society librarian for an estimate of the cost.
Ms. Wendy Polhemus-Annibell
or at: 631-727-2881 x103
Records Search: Suffolk Biographical Index
Please note that the Surname (e.g. Last Name) is a required entry field. But since exact spellings are not always known, to aid your search we offer three different ways to specify Surnames...
- Exact Match ("is exactly") - This is the default surname search method.
- Soundex ("sounds like") - This option enables you to specify a surname spelling it out as best you can, and it will return results that "sound" similar to what you spelled out.
- Wild Card - With this option you can replace part of the surname with a * to match any number of letters, or _ to match a single letter. E.g., Sch* will return all names starting with Sch. Similarly, Schl_tz might return results such as Schlitz or Schlotz.
NOTE: The wild card option applies ONLY to the surname. You can just enter the fist few letters of a First Name; the search automatically adds a wild card to the end of the First Name.
For whichever of the above surname search options you would like to use, simply select the appropriate radio button option below the input field on the form. Although the additional form fields are optional, providing as much information as you can helps narrow your search. The more specific your search, the less time you need spend scrolling through search results!
To obtain a record from this collection contact the Suffolk County Historical Society librarian for an estimate of the cost.
German Genealogy Group wishes to thank all the following volunteers for
their help and participation with the
Suffolk Biographical Index project:
Suzanne Danet * Erin Daley-McGovern * Dale Jacobi * Pat Jacobi * Donna Lembo * John Mezzacappa * Barbara Murphy * John Nardi * Phillip Nensel * John Reynolds * Gale Stevenson * Anna Marie ZoghbyWe would like to thank the staff of the Suffolk County Historical Society for their assistance in this project.